Director of Product Management (Payments, Regional Product Head)
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
We are looking for a self-starting Director of Product Management, who is experienced and highly motivated, to join TBCASoft on a game-changing, cross-carrier blockchain service journey. TBCASoft is building innovative products that are completely reshaping the digital payments and identity management spaces.
This person will bring critical, strong product management leadership skills which are required to successfully collaborate with cross-functional, internal teams and the service ecosystem of partners/customers to identify and build core blockchain-based capabilities. The role resides in Taipei, Taiwan and will have a dual-reporting structure to the CFO and the Vice President of Product Management & Strategy.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Serve as hands-on Regional Product Leader.
- Responsible and accountable for all regional partner/member activities related to product requirements.
- Responsible for building up the required Field Product team to support product training, communication, and requirements vetting across regional activities from pre-sales/business development through member integration and service launch.
- Own the design and execution of ecommerce checkout, and co-develop the collaboration plan with our ecommerce payment provider partners. Run point as Product lead for proof-of-concept and productization of ecommerce checkout — defining requirements and collaborating with Product Development to build required functionalities.
- Serve as conduit – for regional industry and partner/member requirements – to the core product development roadmap.
- Own the business model definition and strategy around ecommerce checkout and payments.
- Formulate adoption, branding strategy, and go-to-market strategy for the HIVEX® Payment Service.
- Think outside the box to innovate new business models.
- Build new business models leveraging existing payment knowledge.
- Identify payment pain-points and offer new solutions.
- Execute with hands-on engagement and build business framework(s), contracts, and operational rules.
- Work with partners to co-develop new business models.
- Responsible for regional product goals and ROI metrics; drive SLO/OLA tracking and adherence across regional partners.
- At least 10 years of work experience in fintech or banking, out of which 7+ years of hands-on product management experience (preferably 2~3 years as a software engineer) in the payments sector, with some experience in blockchain technology.
- Have in-depth ecommerce/mobile-based payments experience, especially around merchant acceptance and QR standards/integration.
- Understand the backend processes of online checkout; highly preferred to have core banking services experience around ewallet funding and account management.
- Payments experience should comprise 2 or more of the following:
- Mobile QR-based payments;
- Acquiring-side/Merchant services;
- Issuing-side/User services including mobile app UI/UX;
- Core banking services around ewallet funding and account management.
- Strong customer-facing and hands-on product management experience with payments.
- Strong ability to juggle between strategy, execution, and operational activities.
- Effective presentation, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Savvy business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and influence strong personalities within a complex business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering equivalent required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or MBA preferred.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a team working on an exciting blockchain technology and to build platforms and applications used by global-scale, leading business partners.
- The products you deliver will reshape the current mobile payments sector and displace many traditional players in that space.
- This is a timely opportunity to join a rapidly growing, well-funded Series B startup with huge upside and be a part of a stellar team utilizing blockchain to change the world.
About TBCASoft and the CBSG Consortium
TBCASoft is a U.S.-based company developing innovative blockchain technology for multi-application platforms in the payments and identity management spaces. Its consortium-based blockchain platform enables application providers to create innovative services for their users under a more secure, robust, and efficient environment. This unified blockchain platform helps participants establish and differentiate their cross-platform business and provide ubiquitous services to users around the world.
The CBSG (Carrier Blockchain Study Group) Consortium is the leading telecom blockchain consortium. It was launched in September 2017 to enable the joint development of an innovative blockchain platform designed specifically for telecom carriers. CBSG is progressively adding new carrier members. The number of mobile users that we may reach through our consortium members is ~1.3+ billion.
TBCASoft is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, the center of Silicon Valley.